Announcing the RangerX Rugged Tablet with Android: The New Lightweight Tablet by Xplore Technologies
http://printedprayers.independentprint.com/?post_type=product The RangerX incorporates durability and versatility into a sleek new form factor, and includes some feature innovations targeting key industries that have never before been seen in any tablet.
Xplore Technologies, the manufacturer of the world’s most powerful, longest-lasting, and rugged tablets on the market, today announced the release of its new RangerX tablet, a fully rugged Android tablet with an enhanced design for easy transport. The RangerX is ideal for the highly mobile professional that requires a lightweight, portable tablet with a long battery life, but still requires a level of durability that can’t be found in non-rugged and semi-rugged devices.
“With more than 15 years of testing, research and development, Xplore has demonstrated the ability to bring proven technology to the rugged space,” Mark Holleran, President and Chief Operating Office for Xplore Technologies, said. “We’re adding to that legacy with the RangerX, the most durable Android Tablet available.”
The Xplore RangerX tablets come loaded with standard and optional features that provide field personnel and industrial workers with the tools they need to run nearly any demanding field application. The device sets the standard in performance and flexibility, with modern, powerful technology and expansive I/Os.
Features of the RangerX include:
- Lightweight profile: under 1kg
- Full Shift Battery Life: up to 10 hours
- Fully Rugged to Survive Real World Conditions: MIL-STD-810G Certified and Protected from Dust and Liquid Ingress (IP65)
- Largest Storage Capacity on the Market: up to 192GB
- Brilliant Outdoor Viewable Multi-Touch display
- HD Front and 5MP Rear Camera
- Powerful Performance: Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 Processor and AndroidTM 4.0.4 Operating System
- Expansive Integrated I/Os: Full USB 2.0, Micro USB 2.0, Micro SD, Micro SIM, RFID Reader and more
- Full Advanced Communication Suite: WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, an FM Transmitter, and 4G (optional)
VERSATILE FOR ANY INDUSTRY
With a powerful, rugged base model and a highly customizable operating system, the lightweight 10.1″ tablet is well-suited for a wide variety of field service applications in industries such as utilities, energy, logistics, and public safety. However, the RangerX comes with certain unique features that offer added benefits for organisations involved in Telco/Cable and Satellite applications, Military operations, Manufacturing, Warehousing and Distribution.
These unique features include:
Telecommunications and Cable Module
- Only rugged Android tablet with optional HDMI-In and RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet connections
- Integrated connections allow Telecommunications and Cable workers to consolidate all equuipment into a single device – an industry first.
- Personnel can validate and diagnose installation or service issues and manage work orders on-site, with a single device
Warehousing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Distribution
- Standard integrated RFID and NFC Capabilities
- Increases operational efficiency and accuracy in distribution centres, warehousing, logistics and transportation industries and consolidates devices
- Compatible with all major Bluetooth and USB barcode scanners
Military and Government Security
- Optional integrated Common Access Card (CAC) reader
- FIPS 140-2 Compliancy: the most secure rugged experience for government and military operations
RUGGED TABLETS FOR A MODERN ERA
Weighing just under 1kg the RangerX looks and feels more like a contemporary tablet than a traditional rugged device. The tablet has a battery life up to 10 hours to maximise time in the field and boost productivity, which allows for a full working shift on one charge. In addition, the tablet’s vibrant outdoor viewable, multi-touch display allows for seamless transition from indoors to outdoors.
“The RangerX is not only fully rugged, but also offers a wide range of multifaceted capability to adapt to the needs of enterprise, field service and data collection workers facing various elements,” Philip S. Sassower, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board for Xplore Technologies, said. “The new RangerX highlights our commitment to expand our product offerings in order to meet specialised customer needs.”
The RangerX is the latest edition to Xplore’s portfolio. The fully rugged Android tablet complements Xplore’s existing iX104C5 ultra-rugged product line. The iX104C5 devices are optimised to perform in extreme conditions and hazrdous environments, and deploy high-end enterprise level applications with confidence and reliability.