Xplore Unveils XSLATE B10 Fully Rugged Tablet
B10 Offers Customers the Industry’s Most Fully Featured and Fully Rugged Tablet PC
AUSTIN, Texas – September 15, 2015 – Xplore Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ: XPLR), manufacturer of the world’s broadest range of high-quality rugged tablet computers, today launched the XSLATE B10, the industry’s most fully featured, fully rugged tablet computer to date. With a set of eight ports, four sealed from behind, and an IP65 rating, the B10 comes standard with the Intel® Core™ i5 CPU or upgradeable to i7 vPro CPU to provide top speeds to process data.
“The XSLATE B10 is the hardest worker yet. After spending a day on the job with the XSLATE B10, you’ll understand why this truly mobile, fully featured tablet PC sets a new standard in ruggedness and connectivity,” said Mark Holleran, Xplore Technologies President and COO. “Built with unfailing protection in mind, it endures extreme work environments. At 10.1”, it’s compact, yet commanding in the field.”
The B10 is designed to meet and exceed the needs of customers across vertical industries, from frozen tarmacs to sweltering oil rigs. Customers now have access to a premiere, fully rugged and lightweight tablet with all the ports and battery life necessary to stay active in the field, whether in telecommunications, manufacturing, transportation or distribution.
Some of the key features of the Xplore XSLATE B10 rugged tablet pc include:
- Eight built-in ports, four of them sealed from behind: Power, True Serial, (2) USB 3.0, microSD, microHDMI, microSIM, Audio, RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet
- Exclusive built-in HDMI Input (optional)
- Several key ports sealed and protected even with port covers open
- Intel® Broadwell generation Core-Series processors
- 1” WXGA Rugged IPS LCD Backlit Display
- Projective capacitive 10-point Touch LED Backlight
- Ultra-fast 4G LTE broadband, 802.11ac Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® 4.0
- U-Blox GPS Module
- 8 MP rear, 2 MP front cameras
- Wacom pen digitizer and active pen
- xCapture Pro camera application
- Integrated barcode scanner (optional)
- Long battery life with 20 hour hot swappable 2nd battery option
- C1D2/ATEX certifications
The B10 also has optional accessories including removable companion keyboard, office or vehicle docking stations, kickstand, a second hot swappable battery to extend system runtime to 20 hours and 2-bay or 6-bay simultaneous battery charging options.
About Xplore Technologies®
Established in 1996, Xplore Technologies Corp. is the number two provider of rugged tablet PCs worldwide. With its recent acquisition of the Motion product line, the company now delivers the broadest range of rugged Windows and Android tablets available in the market. The company’s award-winning tablet PCs are among the most powerful and longest lasting in their class – able to withstand nearly any hazardous condition or environmental extreme – and are purpose-built for the unique workflow demands of critical industries including oil & gas, utilities, telecommunications, government, military, public safety, manufacturing, distribution and healthcare. Xplore’s products are sold and serviced on a global basis across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit the Xplore Technologies website at www.xploretech.com.